Our client is an international medical communications agency that continues to grow and enjoy sustained success. They are looking for a Senior Medical Writer to join their team and write the full range of high quality communications products for the pharmaceutical industry; this role can be entirely home-based.
You will create and develop print and digital content for a variety of international accounts across a range of therapy areas. This is a big enough company to be able to accommodate account type preferences, e.g. publications, medical affairs, CME/IME. There will also be the opportunity to mentor/manage more junior members of the team and work closely with clients.
Our client nurtures a positive, supportive and collaborative environment where people work together for the best outcome. Their employees enjoy, are stimulated and challenged by the work they do, and enjoy the diversity of projects in which they are involved.
As well as an excellent salary, you can expect a generous benefits package including unlimited time off, healthcare, pension and bonuses, as well as excellent support, training and career development.
To be considered for this role, you will have significant experience writing for medical communications agencies and will also be resident and eligible to work in the UK.
– Strive for editorial excellence, producing clear, accurate, grammatically correct and creative written work on a variety of therapeutic areas appropriate to the project brief
– Produce all written communication elements according to the client’s needs
– Proactively contribute ideas, concepts or creative suggestions to add value to projects
– Effectively brief project team members, including time allocations, target audiences and key client messages
– Review results for structure, scientific accuracy and creativity, and in relation to the rationale for the client’s work, specific project objectives, key messages, target audiences and consistency with marketing communications objectives
– Lead specific projects, providing advice to team members on client and project issues
– Liaise effectively with the client and key opinion leaders, acting as a point of contact as required by the account
Knowledge, skills and experience:
– Have at least a university degree in medicine, pharmacy or life sciences. An advanced degree would be an advantage
– First experience in medical writing in a medical communication agency
– Experience writing a range of papers on a range of therapeutic areas
– Well organized and able to plan work effectively
– Mastery of standard software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
This is a great opportunity to join a market-leading medical communications agency and enjoy all the benefits of working for a major player in the industry.
ID Search & Selection has successfully placed candidates in healthcare communications roles for over 15 years. Along the way, we’ve built many long-term relationships with candidates and clients. We are now trusted recruitment partners for many leading companies, large, small, networked and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer you information and advice. We’re with you every step of the way, providing support and communication that we’ll tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.